please answer based on the following poems by Langston Hughes.
“As I Grew Older”
1. The wall lis a metaphor for what in this poem?
2. What effect does Hughes create with the image of a black person fading into the shadow of the wall?
3. Because of the title of this poem, and is lyrical quality, one gains the sense that the poem is being rendered bya child. What effect does Hughes achieve through his use of child as narrator in this poem?
4. How does Hughes’s use of imagery inthis poem contribute to the theme of “a dream deferred”?
5. Describe the image of a child looking for the back of a merry-go-round in this poem. How does this image expose the ridiculousness of Jim Crow laws?
“Negro Speaks of Rivers”
6. What characteristics of rivers help Hughes to crystallize his simile, “my heart has grown deep like the rivers” in this poem?
“Night Funeral in Harlem”
7. What comment is Hughes making in this poem concerningn the monetary affairs that accompany a funeral?
8. What elements does Hughes add to this poem to make it one that is distinctly about a funeral in Harlem?
Please number questions and list poem titles as they are above. Write at least one short paragraph for each answer.