Your Final Paper is to be a comprehensive research study on one of the following public policy topics:
- Environmental Concerns
- Health Care
- Primary and Secondary Public Education
- Social Security
Your analysis of the topic will include:
- The scope and nature of the public policy problem.
- How the problem came to public and political awareness.
- The evolution of related public policy.
- Level of government and the actors involved.
- The intergovernmental structure and political concerns.
- Conflicting public opinion and impact on policy solutions.
- The approaches to policy formulation, adoption, and evaluation.
- The suggested policy direction (continuation, change or termination) and future impact.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (including title and reference pages), and formatted according to SPA style as outlined in the Ash ford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at six to ten scholarly sources, including a minimum of four from the Ash ford University Library.
- Must document all sources in SPA style, as outlined in the Ash ford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted