1. Notitlepage.Pleaseincludeaheadingwithname,sectionnumber,and assignment. This assignment should be 1 1⁄2 page response to one of the video links presented below. Times New Roman, font 12, 1.5 spaced.
- I had a blue bicycle, they have my blue bicycle by Marina Mascarell Martinez https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBMeV3GjISA
- Joe Goode Performance Group: Wonderboy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-RDwaxNPpg (Start at 20:17-40:42)
Questions to answer
- After seeing the video of your choice, please analyze the work of the choreographer. Somethings to consider for your paper are, do the dancers use words, text, or just movement? What does the text do to the choreography? Does it help, support, or go against what the dancer or dancers are doing? Does movement also help the text? If there are no words to the choreography what movement quality is being performed? Are the dancers always moving? Is their repetition? Explain in your paper what you think the dancers are portraying in terms of dancing and in having a relationship with one another.
- Is there a specific moment in the work that caught your attention? If so please explain and analyze what that moment is and how that moment is in relation to you.
- Are there any tasks in class that can relate to the choreography?
- Is there any gender dynamics in the dance? (What I mean by this is, are
males always dancing with females, males with males, females with females, and if so what does this do to the work?)