Given the hypothesis high employee satisfaction is correlated with low employee absenteeism, address the following in your paper this week:
- Identify the variables in this study. What are some extraneous variables that might impact your research? How would you control for extraneous variables?
- Which research design would you use to study this hypothesis and why?
- What data collection techniques would you use to study this hypothesis and why?
- Assuming that you get a correlation of r = -.70, what does this tell you about the strength and direction of the correlation between satisfaction and absenteeism?
- What are some potential problems you might encounter, and what strategies would you use to minimize these problems?
- Use SPA standards.
For this assignment and all Dropbox assignments, you are required to cite, at a minimum, the online course and the textbook for the course. Additional sources are welcome. Scholarly sources are preferred and can be found through Argosy University online library resources. Please see the Library and Tutoring Services section under Course Home to use Argosy University online library resources. Additional, non-scholarly sources from reputable Web and print sources are also acceptable. For reputable Web sources, look for .org, .net, or .ed sites as opposed to .com sites. Avoid Wikipedia.