Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Your boss recently attended an accounting seminar at which the balanced scorecard was discussed. He has asked you (or your group) to prepare a presentation for the next manager’s meeting about the balanced scorecard and how EEC might adopt it. In your presentation, you (or your group) should complete the following:
- Define the elements that might be presented in a balanced scorecard.
- Explain how the elements will be used.
- Make a recommendation of whether or not EEC should adopt the balanced scorecard.
- If adopted, how might it improve the company?
The President of EEC realizes that the balanced scorecard translates an organization’s mission and strategy into operational objectives and performance measures. You received an e-mail from him asking you to include information in your PowerPoint presentation about tying compensation to performance measures. Discuss the following in your presentation:
- Describe unethical behavior that can result if the wrong performance measures are used to tie performance measures to compensation.
- How can EEC avoid these behaviors?
- How should EEC tie performance measures to compensation?
- Who is responsible for establishing the performance measures?