Discussion Forum Instructions:
- Post a response to all four prompts below.
- Participation is worth 30% of your grade. Active participation in the weekly discussion is expected.
- You must meet the minimum word count for each post to get full credit.
- All posts must be completed by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. No makeups are allowed.
- Use only the assigned readings to respond to the discussion posts.
- Your post must include at least one quote from each text used to receive full credit.
Post 1: A lack of awareness of cultural differences or the assumption by one cultural group that another is inferior often results in painful personal and social encounters. Apply this thesis to discuss how this lack of awareness affects the relationships of the characters in Glaspell’sTrifles. Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text using appropriate APA format. Your post must be at least 250 words
Post 3: How does Langston Hughes treat the idea of racism in America in his poetry? How does Wright treat the idea of racism in his short story? How would you describe the overall tone of their work? Do you see hope, despair, anger, or something else? What are they trying to accomplish with their work, and are they successful? Why or why not? Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format. Your post must be at least 250 words